Hi, my name is Garry, I have been a type 1 diabetic for over 22 years. I do have some long term diabetic complications now, and I have seen a few changes to diabetic treatments. I don’t claim to know everything about diabetes, but what i do know will hopefully be useful to somebody.
I set this site up to help people understand the different types of diabetes, what causes diabetes, the treatment,s for controlling your diabetes, complications of diabetes, what is a hypo, and more
What regular check ups at the doctors you will need too go to, and explain products that are useful to you and can make your life easier as a diabetic.
Hopefully the site will also be informative to non-diabetic people in that you gain knowledge to understand what a friend or family member is going through, and to be able to support them.
Studies show that people are able to manage their diabetes better when they have support from loved ones. It helps them to know they’re not going through it alone. I will cover more on the do,s and don’t,s to helping a diabetic person. Read more Here
Diabetes Facts 2017
- Approximately 425 million adults (20-79 years) were living with diabetes; by 2045 this will rise to 629 million
- More than 1,106,500 children were living with type 1 diabetes
- The greatest number of people with diabetes were between 40 and 59 years of age
- 352 million people were at risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- More than 21 million live births (1 in 7 births) were affected by diabetes during pregnancy
- Diabetes caused 4 million deaths
Please browse around my site from the categories above, If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.
All the best,
Garry (Type 1)